Monday 10 December 2012

Leopard Moon - Jeanette Battista

Leopard Moon (Moon Series)


This book was a break away from my normal reads, usually I shy away from paranormal romance novels, I think they're over done and as such, rather dull. This novel was a pleasant surprise for me and here's why.

The first thing that grabbed my attention was the likability of the characters, the heroine, although rather young for my tastes, had her head screwed on straight. She was the most level headed seventeen year old I have encountered in a book (although not real life). She's running from a psychotic family member and seems to be doing very well at it. She also happens to be a Were-Leopard to add a bit of spice in the mix. The support cast are as likable as she is, despite having tough streaks to them. The characters, heroes and villains alike are well written and from the start of the novel grab you, leaving you wanting to know more about them.

The novel is very well written and is easy to read at the same time, the plot is somewhat simpler than my normal read and I believe this is partly why I enjoyed it. It's nice to keep things simple sometimes, something that a lot of fantasy fiction authors forget. In this novel there is no chance of forgetting who's who or who is doing what or even who is on who's side, it made a refreshing change.

 I liked this novel so much I am struggling to find a bad point to make - aside from the odd spelling error here and there and a couple of words omitted in error, I'm hard pressed to find one. As I mentioned earlier, the age of the heroine and hero are a bit young but that is just a matter of taste and not a flaw in the novel itself.

If you fancy an easy read then this really is a novel you'll enjoy. I'd recommend it for these reasons, it's effective in it's simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment